Trinidad gang war erupts again, cops fear 4 innocentstabroeknews.Com #Po_LiceFebruary 18, 2019
In the latest killing in Sea Lots, security guard Nigel Francisco, 52, was killed at his Pioneer Drive home yesterday, hours after six members of his family were forced to pack up their belongings and leave the area because of threats made against their lives.
According to preliminary investigations, Francisco’s murder was directly linked to the deadly drive-by shooting on February 3 at Pioneer Drive, Sea Lots.
It is believed he was killed because gang members suspected he was an informer.
A resident from the area was arrested by police officers who responded to the crime scene, but there was no confirmation up to press time on whether the man was detained in connection with Francisco’s murder or other unrelated inquiries.
Police said they were also told Francisco’s murder was linked to the February 4 murder of 31-year-old mother of two Tracy Julius-Rogers, who was gunned down outside her Sea Lots home less than 12 hours after a drive-by shooting which claimed the lives of Rawle Williams, 37, and calypsonian Patrick Lewis the night before.
Rather, he said people in the Sea Lots community were peaceful and it is they who were under attack.
Guardian Media was again told yesterday by Sea Lots residents that they are under attack and there seems to be no protection for their lives.
But police yesterday said they are feverishly working on intelligence and will be “flushing out the gangs throughout T&T, not just in the Port-of-Spain areas.
Just last week, Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith said he met with Burke in Sea Lots and a gang member from Laventille to send out a stern warning that all gang leaders and members were being marked, monitored and will be brought to justice if they are found engaged in illegal activities.
Clark and another colleague, homicide detective Cedric Washington, are currently in T&T aiding the local police on gang violence initiatives.